Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sweet Caroline

Last night I went to my friend's birthday party and there's the usual too much food, there were 2 big Lechon(roasted pigs) and at least 50 type of food dishes(eggroll,pancit noodle,grilled meat etc), you can smell the yummy aroma while driving on a nearby freeway.

This is how Filipinos celebrate, we always over prepared the food and when you leave we want you to bring some more food home which is kind a cool unless you are on a strict diet.

Around 8pm, they started the Karaoke, this old guy sang "My Way" with so much power, he was good but I'm sick of this song, but this song has become part of Filipino karaoke tradition.

Anyway, there is this white guy who I know can't sing but was force to stand up in front of everybody, his Filipina wife shoved him the mic, feeling embarassed, he quickly pretended to select a song. I decided to save him so I stood up and look for that song that average Americans know how to sing.

And there it was, my personal favorite too, "Sweet Caroline" by the living legend Neil Diamond, I grabbed the other mic and sang with him, and you know what, it brought the house down. As soon as we hit the chorus, everybody stood up and sang with us, it was great, it felt like hitting a one outer on the river.

Then around 10 pm we set up the madjong table and right away ten people were itching to sit. I wanted to play but gave way to the much older crowd and decided to just play backgammon with this whiz kid, he look smart and the kind of kid that does not speak a lot but when he does you would not believe it was coming from a 14 yr old kid. He talked about how it's going to take a decade for the economy to come back and the government is not willing to accept this reality, I just sat there in awe and he almost beat me playing backgammon.

I went home around 2 am, woke up after a couple of hours with a severe hangover but I'm taking it like a man, like a real man Chuck Norris, my main man. Chuck is such a feared guy that when he plays at Fulltilt he is not a Red Pro but the only Gold Pro and his nickname is a three letter word and in case you are wondering what it is, you guessed it right. Chuck Norris is "GOD" at Fulltilt.

Anyway here's a link of Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline, enjoy,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heKgZ6qP4S8

No comments: